The First Annual Driftless Glen
1st prize takes home $1,500!
DATE Monday, January 14, 2019
5:30 p.m. – Ten Competitors Cocktail Creation
7:00 p.m. – Final Four Mixology Competition
Modern Industrial Venue
2616 N. Cicero Chicago, IL 60639
Belmont Cragin | Logan Square | Chicago, IL (map)
Rules & Application Information
Driftless Glen & Romano Beverage Hosting 1st Annual Chicago Cocktail Competition
We are excited to host a chopped style mixology competition in Logan Square at a large modern industrial space. We welcome the public to attend and watch as the final mixologists selected go head to head for the prize of $1,500. We will be offering cocktails, appetizers and entertainment, making this the event to be at.
All cocktail recipes must be submitted by Friday, December 14th at midnight. Cocktails can be submitted by filling out the application form below (click here).
Any submissions received after midnight will not be considered to compete.
- The main spirit used in the production of the cocktail must be Driftless Glen spirits. Our spirits will be made available to competitors on the day of the competition. Spirit modifiers are acceptable.
- This is a chopped style mixology event. A full pantry of items will be made available at the event. We will share the ingredients list to the finalists when they are notified of their selection. If any special ingredients are needed, you can let us know at that time. There will be ten final competitors selected to compete. The ten competitors will join us for a private Kickoff at 5:30. Ten cocktails will be submitted and four will be selected to move into the final competition. The final four will create a cocktail that represents the category presented. One elimination will take place at each round until the final winner is named.
- Competitors should prepare to make enough of the cocktail to produce at least 1 complete cocktails per round.
- We will provide glassware.
- Special garnishes can be brought in, but please mention them in your online submission. Presentation is also being judged.
- Each cocktail must be submitted with a name and the inspiration behind it.
- Cocktail submissions will be tasted and reviewed blindly by a 4 person panel of judges consisting of distillery members and industry professionals.
- The Ten competitors selected to compete will be notified on December 28th
- This specific competition is being hosted for Chicago.
- All judging will be executed blindly.
- Each contestant will have a set amount of time (to be announced) to execute their cocktail.
- There will be 2 rounds.
- Round 1: Will be 10 contestants creating the cocktail that was submitted on-line. Driftless Glen will provide those ingredients at the competition pantry.
- Round 2: The remaining four contestants will put their skills to the test with Chop Style ingredients to be provided at the event, to create winning cocktails.
- $1,500 cash prize
- Top 10 bartenders will be featured on the DG website with picture, bio and place of employment.
- Winner will receive a day trip to tour and have lunch at the Driftless Glen Distillery and Restaurant.
- The top cocktail has the potential to be featured at the Driftless Glen bar and restaurant based on state regulations.